After weeks of intensive coding, we’ve finally been able to push out the beta version of the new Schedule for everyone to use!
We hope you’re enjoying it as much as we are building it. 😊 We’re not resting on our laurels in the meantime, though! We’ve been monitoring our Intercom feedback to keep track of how you like or dislike the new version and to help guide the development of the rest of the features that are still on our drawing table. To that end, we’ve already addressed a number of issues since launch, namely:
- 🐛 While implementing an optimised script loading mechanism, we noticed that a race condition caused the switch component used in Schedule and the Projects edit form to break in some cases. That bug’s been squashed!
- 📅 We’ve had several reports of timezones not being applied correctly in Schedule Beta for users with timezones west of GMT+0 – we’ve corrected that oversight and restructured our tests to run in several timezones to make sure that never happens again.
- ✨ We’ve fixed several bugs for older versions of Safari and IE that were causing buggy behaviour and glitches in the way components displayed on screen.
We’ve also been monitoring the performance of the new Schedule compared to the old one, and the results have been better than we’ve hoped to achieve when we started out building it. Here’s a chart showing the average load times for both versions in the same time range (Old Schedule = purple, New Beta = blue):
On average, the loading time is 78% shorter than the old version, which means that the new Schedule loads up roughly five times faster than the old one in most cases. We could also say we improved loading times by 360%, but that’s just math nerdery best avoided.
We’re already hard at work developing the next set of features to release to the Beta, so keep an eye on this section of the blog to keep track of things. As always, do let us know what you think of our work! Your opinions and comments really help guide our decisions as we move the Beta through its design iterations.